Monday 1 July 2013

Bella Italia

So I am sitting in a bar in Peschiera del Garda in beautiful Italy.  Couldn't ask for better surroundings to get inspiration for this blog.  

Italians are known for their style, their attitude and the way they love life, I think we could all take a leaf out the Italians book and try and enjoy life more. 

As soon as you set foot in the country, it would almost feel rude not to become ensconced in the atmosphere and have a little bit of a Sophia Loren and Claudia Cardinale and sashay down on the beachfront or through the picturesque towns.  There is no mistaking the magic that you can't quite put your finger on.

I got thinking about style and weddings here and what that would be like.  Little Murano candle holders hanging from lemon trees and everyone dressed in their fabulous finery, the Italians 'love' their gold, I have been devouring all their jewellery shops and boutiques,even the local markets, to see the different styles and drinking in the inspiration.  It truly is fabulous.  I have made this one of my life goals to get a little place here and have this feeling of fabulousness forever. 

My husband and I went to Venice for an overnight as a treat and we stayed at the Hilton Molino Stucky Hotel. OMG!!!! this was luxury, we got a free upgrade to a suite, wow, it truly was style and luxury.  We had lunch on the rooftop bar when we arrived and just seeing this unique city from that viewpoint was special.  



We then went on a gondola, well we had came all that way, it would be rude not to!  €100 to be shown around the city from the people that know it best. I never realised what a physical job it was, the gondolier earned his money, again, (sorry to keep repeating the words but ......) magical.


If this doesn't inspire to bring out the style in you, nothing will!!!

So viva Italia, arrive derci and I will update again before I leave this glorious country.

No comments:

Post a Comment