Sunday 2 June 2013

Quandry!!!

 
I'm in a quandary???
 
 
 
 
Weight???  Does it have a place in this blog since this was supposed to be about www.divafabulous.co.uk?  That's my quandary. 
 
 
 
 
Weight is an issue for EVERYONE, if you're thin, are you too thin? Can you ever be too thin?  If you're fat, how do you lose weight, fad diet, exercise or just constantly beat yourself up on an hourly basis as you continue to binge and make the problem worse. 
 
So the question is, does the issue of weight have a place in a bridal accessory blog.  And my answer is Yes, I believe it has.  You see, although becoming engaged is such an exciting time, it is also a time of dread for some involved in the event.  It can be the bride (OMG I'm engaged, yay.....shit, I can't get married looking like this), the bridesmaids (OMG she's engaged, yay....shit, I'm don't want to be the fat one!!!), mother of the bride/groom, (OMG they're engaged, yay.....shit, everyone will be looking at me) and if continues to the guests too.
 
So YES, the answer is YES weight has a place in this blog. I want to share tips on weight loss, exercise and highs and lows as we all go through the day to day of trying to lose/maintain or gain weight. 
 
You see, one thing I have learned which surprised me, is that whether your underweight or overweight, food rules your life.  Every mouthful is dreaded and enjoyed at the same time.  Not everyone gets that part, but there is definitely an emotional connection as much as a nutritional one.
 
In March I started the Cambridge Diet on Sole Source, (www.cambridgeweightplan.com) and I met my adviser Nicola.  She was lovely, and very positive.  Now this is a very difficult diet to maintain and is very strict (420 cals a day) BUT very effective.  I lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks, but i'm not here representing Cambridge, so I have to be honest, it was hard.  Then it was my birthday week and I fell off the wagon.  I was about to start back up and there was a death in my circle, so that was not the right time to start it back up, I was certainly not in the right headspace for it then.  Then I went back to see Nicola and got psyched up to start again.  The next day, I started my shakes and soups and they tasted worse than I remembered.  I lasted ONE day!!!  What?  How could I not manage more that 24hrs?  So I started again, the next day, I lasted to lunch time, this is getting worse.....I had to make a decision, as by now I am completely beating myself up, calling myself a failure and everything else that sprung to mind.
 
Four days later I texted Nicola (to ashamed to phone) and said I had to stop the diet as I couldn't take the pressure that I was putting on myself.  She was lovely and said no problem and to contact her again if I changed my mind.  I don't think I will.
 
But now i'm stuck, since the 2 weeks on the diet, I have constantly felt bloated when I eat normally, because although I was struggling on the Cambridge Diet, my body felt clean and good.  Now, when I eat my normal food, I feel heavy, bloated and fat constantly.  I want to go back on the diet, but can't face the shakes and soups (they don't taste that great).  On the diet you have to drink water, water, water....which was strange for me, I usually drink diet Irn-Bru or diet Coke, so water was a difficult one for me, but I've found that I have continued drinking water, and my skin has got much better.
 
So now i'm looking at the FAST diet, (www.fastdiet.co.uk).  I like the concept of it and it appears more palatable.  Hubby is also going to give it a go.  Let's see how this goes........
 
So all the brides to be out there and their associates what's your diet plans?  Do you have any tips?
 
My tips for weight loss this week are -
 
  1. Drink LOTS of water
  2. No meal should be more than 300 cals in one serving
  3. WALK WALK WALK - one of my friend's has lost 8 stone in 8 months, by cutting out rubbish and walking every day, that's got to be worth trying.
  4. Stop putting pressure on yourself, somebody loves you just the way you are, that's why they want to spend the rest of their lives with you.
Have a happy healthy week.
 
 
 
Lx

No comments:

Post a Comment